In terms of research the Faculty has identified three main areas, namely cognitive psychology, human factors, intelligent system and learning sciences under the Cognitive Science area. Another area is Human Resource Development which centres on human capital and development management and technology. Counselling, involves research into organisational counselling, technological and clinical.
To be a signature faculty in the field of cognitive sciences and human development
• To produce excellent human capital and scholars
• To foster conducive environment for teaching, learning and research
• To apply knowledge and skills in various contexts of living
• To inculcate a culture of scholarly excellence
• To practice a healthy lifestyle